Aaaaand finished! Review for the Rib-A-Roni hat by Jane Tanner is below. :)
- Knitting in the round
- Left- and right-leaning decreases (both knitted and purled)
- Following a written pattern
- This was a lot of fun to make! I love asymmetrical ribbing. :)
- The crown looks so cool with the decrease pattern!
- There are sizes from infant to adult large.
- It’s a fairly simple pattern and easy to follow for all the different sizes.
- There’s no chart in case you’d prefer to use them instead of written instructions.
- Five and a half inches of ribbing - no matter how asymmetrical - can be incredibly boring. (Note: the 5.5” is only for the small size.)
Things I would have done differently:
- Been a bit more careful at the beginning of the decreases; I accidentally did all p2tog tbl’s instead of reading the instructions clearly, so all the decreases at first are left-leaning.
Overall, this is a fantastic pattern for a quick/simple project for a gift or just for TV knitting. It’s simple and elegant, and I really do like how mine turned out. :)